Amidst concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to let you know how Long Green Baptist Church is responding.
Our leadership team is carefully and continually monitoring this situation as we follow the direction of experts in science and churches in how to deal with the situation. As information evolves, this page is the primary, most up-to-date place for you to receive answers to commonly asked questions.
We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and surrounding community.
In compliance with the State of Maryland's Coronavirus response, we have moved our worship experience online. We will keep you posted as to when we ae able to resume our regular schedule.
We have made the decision to close our church office. Staff members will be working online. Should you need immediate assistance, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Office staff will continue to check email and phone messages on a daily basis.
HOW SHOULD I RESPOND SPIRITUALLY TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is yet one more reminder that we live in a fallen world of sickness, sin, suffering, and death. Ultimately, none of us are immune to any of these things. But that’s why the gospel is such good news.
God has not left us alone in this world of sickness, sin, suffering, and death. He has come to us in the person of Jesus. The greatest news in all the world is that Jesus lived a life with no sin, died on a cross to pay the price for our sin, and rose from the grave in victory over sin and death. Now anyone anywhere who turns from their sin and trusts in Jesus will be forgiven of all their sin and restored to relationship with God forever. That means that through Jesus, we never have to fear sickness or death because we know we have eternal life with God.
If you do not know that you have eternal life with God, we urge you to put your faith in Jesus. And if you do know that you have eternal life with God, we urge you to share your faith in Jesus with others. Times like these remind us all of the fragility of life and the inevitability of death. So, let’s spread the greatest news that death has been defeated and eternal life is available to all who trust in Jesus.
In addition to trusting in Jesus and sharing about Jesus with others, here’s some other ways you can respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Trust in God as the good and sovereign Creator and Sustainer of life upon whom we all depend.
- Pray for mercy for the sick, strength for doctors, insight for researchers, and wisdom for our local, state, and national officials.
- Look for opportunities to love and care for others, whether they are sick, isolated, marginalized, poor, or oppressed.
- Avoid every semblance of prejudice or racism. In light of the origination of this virus in Asia, it has been grievous to see a rise in racist incidents against the Asian community. So just as we do in any circumstance, guard against all prejudice or racism in your thoughts, your words, and your actions.
- Even if we are unable to gather at certain times, stay closely connected to the church family. Gather with smaller groups as appropriate, and participate in worship gatherings online if that’s the only option.
Reflect often on the brevity of life, the urgency of eternity, and the beauty of the gospel!